James turns 4 ♥

baby

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The cardboard box


We are getting ready to move in the next 3 weeks so of course right now my house looks like a warehouse full of boxes. Everything is kinda out of place and it is really agitating me. Today I went into James' room because I wanted to pack some of his stuff. He has sooooo many toys that I decided to pack all his toys except for what fits in one of his toy boxes. So I did. I filled a few boxes and of course 2 hours later he is asking me where a particular toy is. I clearly remember putting it in one of the boxes. I told him to play with something else because I had already taped up the boxes. Well he had a meltdown. So there I go, digging thru the boxes of toys and cant seem to find it. I emptied all the boxes then I look over to his desk and what do you think I saw? The toy he was wanting to play with! By this time I am so frustrated that I just walk into the living room to give him the toy but I dont see him. Lately he has been playing hide-and-seek so I knew what he is doing. But really-I couldn't find him. Anyway after a few panicked calls of me shouting out his name he pops out of a cardboard box that I had in the living room. I had never had so many emotions hit me all at once. I was frustrated, panicked, scarred, happy and everything else. After all this, he takes the toy and just throws it on the floor and jumps back into the box. That kept him busy for quite sometime so luckily I was able to put my house back in order...well as much as I can. It amazes me that a child can have thousands of toys and the thing that entertains them the most is a cardboard box. If only my life was that simple.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

lol I think I was on a roller coatser with this story i was laughing then got scared when you couldn't find him then laughed when he didn't care about the toy instead took interest in the dang box lol