James turns 4 ♥

baby

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

She is freaking me out!


I have this cat that I adopted a while back. Her name is Snowball but James loving changed her name to Skip. When we first adopted her, we were told that she is 100% deaf. But as soon as I picked her up, I was in love. She adapted really well in our home, she explored every inch of it when she first got here. We haven't had any problems with her other than the fact that I have to brush her everyday since her fur is white and my sofas are chocolate brown. If I would not brush her, there would be piles of cat hair and it would be really visible. Anyway, the last couple of days, she has been acting really weird. She seems like she is afraid of something. She will run from one room to the next and hide under the bed. When she used her liter box yesterday morning, she just relived herself and didn't even cover it like normal, she just ran out and went to hide under my bed. I literally had to pick her up and take her to her food because I noticed she hadn't eaten all day yesterday. She nearly swallowed her food but then out of the blue while she was eating, she just jumped up and ran to hide. There hasnt been any change in out household so I don't know what her issue is.The only thing I could think of is that maybe she had some hearing return and since she isn't used to it, she is afraid of the noise. She is really freaking me out. I like her, I think she is a good pet and I am worried about her. If she doesn't relax in next few days, I am going to have to take her to the vet and that itself stresses her out. What am I to do?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

try testing her it might sound mean but while she is sleeping sneak in and snap your fingers or clap to see if she jumps up see if she might be getting her hearing back some...or you may have a visitor only she can see..